Summer Cupcake Challenge Photos






A couple months ago, I took part in a cupcake contest at the local Hobby Lobby. The theme was "The Lazy Crazy Days of Summer," so you could make anything that reminded you of what you do/did during the summer months to have fun. Figuring that most folks would do something beach-themed, I decided to go with camping! We could make our cupcakes and decorations ahead of time, but we couldn't decorate until the time started at the store, where we had one hour to complete them. In the meantime, customers could come by and watch us decorate and vote on their favorites. I did not place or take home a prize, but this was an awesome experience and I LOVED hearing people tell me how cool mine were and what a good job I did. Definitely a great first competition! In October they have a Halloween tall cakes challenge (hopefully being Tim Burton-themed as myself and a friend suggested to the coordinator), so if  Jon and I are still in Florida come October, you better bet I'm bringing out all the stops! Watch out! Anyway, here are a bunch of photos of the decorations and final cupcakes...




 Making sugar glass for "water" and "fire"








Little toasted marshmallows




 This little guy was my favorite








 At the contest. I may have had a chance at a prize had I actually done a display. But I didn't realize to do so haha









 Photos by The Chocolate Cookie

0 comments:

Post a Comment