Totally Heavenly Edible Big Outstanding Mocha Brownies

Or, you can just call them, T.H.E.B.O.M.B. Brownies!

Before I even get started, I will let you know that you will not find a recipe here tonight. I was up at 2 a.m. the other night and decided I wanted brownies! Not just regular old regular brownies, but I wanted moist, rich, gooey, fudgy-cake-like mocha brownies. So, I made a recipe that was seemingly perfect but made a few mistakes that I am going to hammer out SOON. And these are what I got:


Yes, they look pretty darn good. But they came out TOO fudge-like. I really don't even thing they fit the fudge brownie description. See, there are cakey brownies, there are chewy brownies, and fudgy brownies. These....were more like fudgy chocolate bread. They taste great with a cold glass of milk, but they are just toooo thick and slightly dry. My mistake? Not only did I use ALL dark/unsweetened types of chocolate, but I melted my butter and chocolate together on the stove. Doing this makes those more fudge-like brownies because you do not incorporate air bubbles into the butter as you would if you were to cream butter and sugar together. Creaming your butter, adding a bit of milk and, usually, using an extra egg, gives you a cake-like brownie.

So I am going to re-do these brownies, adding some milk chocolate and semi-sweet chocolates to the mix, creaming my butter, and see how it goes. I will perfect these brownies. I just didn't have the heart to give you anything but an AWESOME brownie recipe. So stay tuned for the real T.H.E.B.O.M.B. brownies recipe.

Photos by The Chocolate Cookie.

0 comments:

Post a Comment