On the First Day, Asa Created a Cookie.....and Never Turned Back

Hello, and welcome to my blog; The Chocolate Cookie! I guess I should first start with my name. Hi, I'm Asa, that's pronounced (Ay-suh) not (Ass-uh) or (Ah-suh) but most people call me Ace, if that's easier.

I came here and created this blog so that I can share with you my passion for baking and cooking. To relay my experiences, tips, knowledge, and those inevitable mishaps, onto you. I am a self-taught cook; I have been baking and cooking ever since I can remember. When I was young my mother gave each my sister and I, a cookbook that I still use to this day. This was probably where my love for the hobby began. The book is the Alpha Bakery Cookbook, pictured below. Mine is a 1991 edition and is in 'very used' condition, certainly not as good-looking as the one pictured. Can you believe that they still produce the same cookbook. In 1991, as the back of the book says, you could buy one for $2.00. These days, you can get them new, for a whopping $21.21 on amazon.com. Though, I think you can still get them for about 4 bucks through Betty Crocker with a special order form.

My mother was and is an amazing cook and she taught me a lot of what I know, especially about baking. She is a very skillful cake decorator and at one point made wedding, birthday and other cakes for people (including me, mmm). She has now passed some of that knowledge on to me, from basic baking, to decorating with fondant and gum paste; but I still have MUCH to learn..and that is why I am here.

Now when it comes to regular ole' fashion baking and cooking, over the last 2 years I have spent a great deal of time studying and learning even more. For me, it really has become not only a passion, but an obsession. I love it!

The Chocolate Cookie as a name really sums up what is 'me'. Another thing you may learn from me in the future is that I am not only a cook, but a chocoholic! And, since it began with a cookie, it will continue with a cookie...or 2 as I am usually inclined to say. Here at the Chocolate Cookie you can expect recipes, attempted recipes, tips, tricks and mishaps. My blog will document anything from cookies, pies and baked goods; to soups, steak, Italian food, and comfort food. Thanks for visiting, I hope you enjoy following my creations and disasters. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment